Box Theory™ Academy Education Modules
Module 4: Your First Box Theory™ System
In Box Theory™ Software, go to:
- Main Menu>Box Theory™ Systems>YourFirstSystem>Components>. The Components button is located on the bottom Taskbar.
- Purpose: Identify and acquire the necessary system components to operate the business system effectively.
- Principles Button: Read “Components – People, Documents, Resources and Products” (7 min)
- Examples Button: View an example of Component Documents.
- Video Help Button: Components (11:52; be sure to click on “Full View” if it appears)
- Action Plan Button: First, identify the components you need for this system and list them in the appropriate Document Type. If the system is simple, just put them in the Current System/box. However, your high-priority system may be more complex. If so, I recommend you list the components in each individual step of the system. Go to “2 Levels” in the Level-Viewer (upper-right corner) to see all of the steps listed in the Task Window. Add components to each step using the plus key.
- Worksheet Button: If all of your components are listed in the Current System/box, and you expect high out-of-pocket costs, go to the Cost-Benefit Analysis worksheet and click the button to “Copy From Component Manager.” Then estimate the cost and benefits of implementing the system before proceeding (Note: You cannot do this if you have listed the components in the lower level steps).
- Task: Create each Component Document and acquire the other physical components you need to operate this system effectively. Add component information to the appropriate tabs of the Component Manager such as Component Documents, Resources, and Materials. Note: This can be the most time-consuming part of system development. Assign others, if possible, to create or acquire your system components. Don’t give up. The payoff will be worth it!
- High-Performance Attribute: When your system components are acquired, give the system the “Component” attribute in the Dashboard>High-Performance Attributes.”
- Software Help Button: Click the Software Help Button on the bottom Toolbar for more information on the detailed functionality in this area of the software.