The average business owner is always on the run, trying to do everything in his or her power to keep up, solve problems, please people, pay the bills and make a little profit—to survive, grow and prosper.
In our fast-paced and complex world, many voices are calling out for our attention, advising us where to go and what to do to achieve success. We hope for a breakthrough idea that will propel us to the “next level,” but we’re not always sure what investment of our time, effort, and money will provide the biggest payoff.
However, many of the best ways to improve a company are found in doing small, simple, and inexpensive things that can have a significant positive impact on employees, customers and our business results.
How to Improve a Business
Here are t SIMPLE ACTS that will elevate your business and put more money in your pocket.
- The SIMPLE ACT of smiling, showing kindness, or expressing gratitude will lift everyone you come in contact with, engender loyalty, and elevate employee performance.
- The SIMPLE ACT of creating checklists—to ensure procedures are precisely followed—will reduce the number of mistakes people make, and the unnecessary waste of time and materials.
- The SIMPLE ACT of measuring a business process and providing your workers frequent feedback will increase motivation and productivity.
- The SIMPLE ACT of applying a 5-Whys Analysis will help you quickly uncover the root cause of many business problems.
- The SIMPLE ACT of getting your operation cleaned up and organized will impress customers, increase efficiency, and boost profit. Make your business shine!
- The SIMPLE ACT of assigning ownership to business systems, processes, or activities—and making team leaders accountable for their results—will dramatically elevate your business performance.
- The SIMPLE ACT of identifying and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) will cause you to focus attention on the areas of your business that matter most.
- The SIMPLE ACT of asking your employees about persistent problems, bottlenecks, and ways to improve—tapping into their ideas and insights—can reveal many opportunities for innovation and cost reduction.
- The SIMPLE ACT of implementing the WOW Factor in your business operation will help you attract and keep good customers and valuable employees.
- The SIMPLE ACT of holding a weekly business improvement workshop will eventually give you a world-class organization.
One More Simple Act
Finally, the SIMPLE ACT of reading “Box Theory™: Double Your Profit with High-Performance Systems and Processes” and becoming a Systems Thinker will raise your business I.Q. by 80 points—overnight!
Forgive me for this little sales pitch; I don’t do it often. However, I truly believe that applying the Box Theory™ Way (eCourse, all-in-one software, and Business Systems Academy) is the most important thing you can do to have a smooth-running business that attracts customers, retains the best employees, and generates a healthy profit.
Remember: by small and SIMPLE ACTS are great things brought to pass!