‘Tis the season of gratitude and selfless giving—two qualities of character that lift, inspire, and bring out the best of ourselves and others. That same spirit of gratitude and giving can also be a key to business success.
I recently read a book called “The Go-Giver,” by Bob Burg. It is the parable of a “go-getter” who learns a powerful new idea. The lessons he discovers are expressed in “The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success.”
- The Law of Value – Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation – Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence – Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interest first.
- The Law of Authenticity – The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity – The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
Put Others First
The grand lesson is to put others first and give, give, give your way to success. It reminds me of the Scottish proverb: “Help thy brother’s boat across the water, and lo, thine own has reached the shore.”
It is the best of human nature to freely give, and a natural response for others to reciprocate. Our greatest joy and satisfaction in life—and in business—comes in helping and serving one another.
So, begin finding new ways to bestow abundant value upon all the important people in your life—including your customers and employees. And be amazed by the results!
I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And thank you for your continual support.